Friday, June 11, 2010

Pepper Jack Meatloaf

I have never been a big fan of meatloaf. The very few times I have made it, I always look for a different kind of meatloaf recipe to change things up a bit. I tried this one last night, and it wasn't too bad. Jay really liked it, I would rather have something else....I did like the pepper jack cheese though!

Pepper Jack Meatloaf

1 egg
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 chopped onion
1/2 to 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 to 1 1/12 lb ground lean beef
1 cup of pepper jack cheese,shredded

In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble the beef over the mixture and mix all together well. Press half of the beef mixture onto the bottom and half way up the sides of a greased 8 in x 4 in loaf pan. Sprinkle 3/4 of the cheese over the meat to within 1/2 in of the sides. Pat the remaining beef mixture over the cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 for 50-55 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Servings:6 Some versions said you can serve with salsa. We used good old fashioned ketchup!

I served it with green beans and brown rice.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was real good, what we had left made some great meatloaf sandwiches.Thanks Becca-love Dad!