Friday, April 2, 2010

Stuffed Taco Shells

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!!!!!

It wasn't a good Friday for Jesus but I thank Him for dying on the cross that day for our sins! "Amazing love, how can it be? That You my King would die for me? Amazing love, I know it's true! And it's my joy to honor You! In all I do, I honor You!"

"Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside. I was so foolish and ignorant- I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you. Yet I still belong to You; You hold my right hand. You guide me with Your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but You? I desire You more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever. Those who desert him will perish, for You destroy those who abandon You. But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do." Psalm 73:21-28


STUFFED TACO SHELLS: Thanks Dana!!

1 box of Jumbo Pasta Shells, ccoked and sprayed with butter (butter optional)
1 lb ground meat (beef or turkey, I used lean beef)
1 pkg cream cheese
chives (optional, I did not use because I did not have them. I seasoned my meat with taco seasoning instead)
1 can of enchilada sauce (green or red, I used red)
1 pkg shredded mexican cheese

Cook the shells and set aside. Brown the meat, drain. Then I seasoned with a taco seasoning package. After seasoned, mix the meat with cream cheese. (If you are using chives instead of taco seasoning, you would mix the cream cheese and chives together into the meat). Put a teaspoon of this meat mixture in each shell. Place in a baking dish. Cover with enchilada sauce. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, covered. After time is up, uncover and sprinkle with mexican cheese (however much you want) and you can put crushed tortilla chips on top (I did not because I didn't have any, but I'm sure it would be good too!) and heat for another 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.




0 comments: