Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fried Chicken Tenders and Mexican Cornbread


"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." John 10:10-11


Jay and I need to eat healthier. I keep saying that I'm going to start cooking healthier but last night was not the night! I had heard a different way to cook fried chicken tenders that I wanted to try out and I also had a Mexican cornbread recipe from a friends mom that I had been wanting to try as well. If any of you have any healthy recipes, let me know!

Fried Chicken Tenders:

boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
flour
Paula Deen's House Seasoning (which is just salt, pepper, and garlic salt)
1 egg
1 tablespoon of mustard

Cut breasts into strips. Season with House Seasoning. Mix egg and mustard together. Coat the strips into the flour. Then dip and coat in the egg/mustard mixture. Then dip back in the flour. Then put into the heated frying pan (I use extra virgin olive oil for the cooking) . Fry until they are done and golden brown. They were good, had a little bit of a different taste because of the mustard.


Margaret McDonald's Mexican Cornbread

2 cups of cornmeal
1 small can of cream corn
1 bag of mexican blend shredded cheese (I only used half the bag)
1/2 tsp of sugar
1 8 oz of sour cream
1 egg
Jalapeno peppers (chopped, I didn't use much. A little goes a long way)

Mix all ingredients together. Pour into a greased muffin tray. Bake at 350 till golden brown, about 30-35 minutes. Very good!!

0 comments: