Friday, March 26, 2010

Stromboli's!!

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love." Ephesians 5:1,2

It's been awhile since my last post because the past week and a half have been crazy busy for me! But hopefully life is back to normal now and I can get back to cooking! We had Stromboli's for dinner last night. This is a recipe from an old friend who used to make them all the time back in the day and we always loved them! Thanks Daphne for sharing this recipe with me!

Stromboli:

1 lb of sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
Pepperoni's
Mozzarella cheese
1 loaf of bread (I use Rhodes bake and serve white bread, comes with 3 loaves in a bag at Walmart in the freezer section, by the rolls and biscuits)
1 jar of pizza sauce

Put the loaf (or loaves, depending on how many people you are serving. 1 was just enough for Jay and me) out to rise for 5-7 hours. I found that the longer it was out, the easier it was to work with. Brown the sausage. Drain. Flatten the bread and place sausage, cheese, and pepperoni (or whatever pizza toppings you like) on it, towards the middle of the bread. Fold the sides over the top and pin together with tooth picks. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Heat the pizza sauce on the stove while the stromboli is cooking. You will use the pizza sauce for dipping! Cut in slices, serve and eat up!
This was Jay's plate. He said "Take a picture of my plate, it looks pretty." :) He decided to put pizza sauce on top and on the side. I have to agree, it was pretty and tasted so good!

0 comments: