Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hurry Up Chicken Pot Pie!

I love all things Paula Deen! She is my favorite cook! I was given as a wedding present one of her cook books,it was autographed by her, and I use it A LOT! I also registered for a bunch of her cookware from Walmart when we were getting married and I got it all! One day I would love to visit her restaurant in Savannah, GA! If you are in the mood for chicken pot pie, this is a good one to try!


Paula Deen's Hurry Up Chicken Pot Pie:

1 and 1/2 cup biscuit mix ( I used Heart Smart Bisquick mix)
1 stick of melted butter
1 can of vegall (I used frozen mixed vegetables, thawed)
2 cups of chopped cooked chicken
1 cup of milk
1 can of cream of chicken soup
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced ( you can make this without eggs)
1 cup of chicken broth (I used the broth from the chicken that I boiled)

Preheat oven to 350
In a 2 quart casserole dish, layer the chicken on the bottom, then the sliced eggs on top of the chicken, then the vegetables on top of the eggs. In a separate bowl, mix the cream of chicken soup and the chicken broth and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour this mixture over the layers. In another separate bowl, stir together biscuit mix and milk. Pour this mixture over the top. Finally, drizzle the melted butter on top. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Yum! Thanks PD!


1 comments:

Rachael Crawley said...

Such a good photographer! :-)