Monday, March 1, 2010

That's what I love about Sundays

We are in the middle of a 7 week series called "How to live through a bad day" at the church we attend. Jesus suffered on the cross and lived through His worst day (and His worst day was a million times worse than any of ours!) so that we could live through our worst days! Yesterday was part four and the title was "Be Assured". This series has been so good but yesterday God really used the sermon to speak to me. I'm going to try and not write a book but I will summarize yesterday's message!

Our key bible verse for the series is Hebrews 12:2
"looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Powerful!

During these 7 weeks, we are studying the things Jesus said while he was hanging from the cross. Yesterday was Matthew 27:46 "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice saying "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" "

We have all asked in one way or another "Why?" "Why me Lord?" or "Why not me Lord?" We've all done it! But we need to realize that until we get to heaven, there are some things we will never understand! Pastor Chris used the story of Job and how he lost everything but not once blamed or questioned God!

We need to:
1) Think eternal (Job 42:2)
2) Let go (Job 42:3)
3) Get close to God (Job 42:5)
-the enemies goal is to get us as far away from God!

Hebrews 10:22 "Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith..."

We need to be assured in our faith:
1) God is there! (Psalm 139:7-8) (Hebrews 13:5) (Hebrews 4:13)
2) God is never late! (Acts 16:25-26)
-His timing is ALWAYS perfect!
3) God knows best! (Hebrews 11:39-40) (Isaiah 55:8-9)
4) God cares deeply about you! (Job 5:11)

"Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine. Oh what a foretaste of glory divine! Heir of salvation, purchase of God,born of His Spirit, washed in His blood!"

OK, so maybe this was a book but I just really felt the Lord moving in me yesterday and I wanted to share it with you all!

On another note, tonight we will be having Pizza Casserole so I will post pictures and the recipe tomorrow!





0 comments: